Walking with a Ghost
[html]
He can leave now. If you want him to stick around for some reason just let me know and I'll edit it

The man watched as the pale woman poured the hot water in a cup that held some dust and stirred it up. He knew nothing of the herbal arts of healing. All he knew was sanitizing wounds (usually with rubbing alcohol or a bottle of liquor if nothing pure could be found) and stitching them up. He had had to do so to himself on a few occasions. Mostly when he had just started out on his mission. The only serious injury he had suffered for a couple years had been the one that Corvus had given him. Almost instinctively the scarred tissue twitched at the thought.

Onus knew more about Naniko than she knew, but he said nothing to the effect. It wasn't the kind of thing that needed to said, especially in this situation, if at all. He noted that he was welcome here in Crimson Dreams. He doubted he would ever have need of their hospitality, but it was good to know that it was there. Perhaps sometime he would need to call upon this woman for healing. Initially he hadn't planned on sticking around the area, but with Cwmfen everything had changed. He had tied himself to her and he knew that he could never severe that bond.

He was about to answer with his name when Mati did that for him. His gaze turned to the traumatized girl and then back to her mother. "She's right." He hoped that last part would be the truth. That he would be the victor and Corvus the corpse. But the man could not be certain. "Dahlia de Mai knows. His daughter lives there and he's after her. He hasn't tried to get at her yet, but he will. And soon. The next time will be the last. Only one of us will live." The past two times they had both walked away with their lives (though the first time only barely). Next time that would not be the case.

Onus saw no reason for him to linger here any longer. Mati needed her rest and surely the woman wanted to be alone with her injured daughter. "I'll leave now." He spared one more glance to Mati and then turned, hands in his pockets, towards the front door.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread