I would still lay down my life for you
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ppachi.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The smell of her fear filled the room and it made the hair alone his spine rise. Instinctively his eyes scanned the room again, just to be sure. Having Cwmfen so distressed put the man on edge. If a mouse had scurried by he would have moved and killed it before it even knew what was going on. All his senses and reactions were heightened. He was her watchdog and he would not rest until she was safe. Until these nightmares no longer haunted her. Until her father's shadow no longer hung over her. The marred muscles of his shoulder twitched with the thought of the crow wolf. It was his permanent reminder of that night they first dueled. Though Corvus did not know what he had done that night. It was that night that had brought he and Cwmfen together. The man would have had a dangerous enemy with the vigilante to begin with, but he was even more fearsome now. He had so many reasons to fight as hard as he ever had to stop the beating of that man's black heart.

As she lay upon her back and looked into his eyes he saw the fear shimmering in them. Like in the eyes of a frightened animal of prey. But she was not a frightened creature. She was no prey. She was Cwmfen, his strong and beautiful lover, and to see her as such brought great disease to him. But he did not show it. Did not even lend a hint to that. Because he had to be strong for her now. He had to show that he was not afraid of what lay ahead of them. Right now she needed his strength and he would give that to her. Onus knew it hadn't just been a dream, but her next words made him forget that weak excuse. His arm moved to lay around her back, holding her to him. "Stay here with me." He did not mean it as though she could hide away from him here, but that Onus would be here to protect her always if she did. He knew they could not hide. That the end of this was upon them like a storm cloud. But they could be prepared. He could be her shadow.

"Or if you will not do that I will patrol outside Dahlia's borders day and night. I know I cannot come inside, but I can watch for him outside. He'll have to go through me to get to you." The coyote was not the type for jests and she knew this. He meant his words with ever fiber of his being. Corvus was a big enough evil that he could abandon all other patrols to wait for him. He would do everything he could to keep the man from Cwmfen and the way he could do that was to stay near her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread