I would still lay down my life for you
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... enban2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hahah. Cwmfen: “There a monster under the bed—I know there is!”
500+

How weak she must seem, she thought immediately, how fearful. But here, with Onus, it did not seem to matter. Where she had to maintain that fearless composure for those she protected (and indeed, it was an effortless thing for there was not many things that she feared), here she could show weakness. Here, with him, she could be afraid. Here she was able to let her guard down. He could protect her. For once, she did not have to be strong or stronger.

As his arm held her close, there was a rush of exhaustion as if the vigilance of her fear was washed away as it fade. Yes... it was right for her to be here with him. A quiet whine escaped her throat, her fingers coming up to brush against his fur near her own muzzle. Her eyes were still closed as she breathed in his scent. How she so dearly wished to stay there with him. But that could not be, and both parties had known it from the beginning. There was much still for her within Dahlia, and Cercelee would need her. She would have to return, return to her duties. Return to her search of Brennt and return to her search of Corvus. She had to protect those who were less apt than she. As much as she wished to remain here with him, she did not think that she could. And she knew that he could not come with her. We’ve known it from the start; always together, always apart. It was like a bittersweet curse, but one that she would not change for the world.

His words caused a quiet warm smile to break the stillness of that woad bound maw. There—again—with so little effort she was able to fall in love with him. "Corvus will not be waiting for me there," she replied quietly, almost suddenly, and knew it to be true. While she had said that Corvus would be coming for her—and he was—he would not come for her. Corvus had not waited these months to simply find her. That would have been too simple for him. He had to turn this into a sick game, one that would force her in the end to seek him out. That was the purpose of the game. But the woman had not yet allowed herself to go. She did not want to give Corvus what he had come to get. Yet, somehow she knew that it was inevitable. "He will wait until I seek him—or until you beat me to him."

The dream crept back to her like a ghostly whisper. Corvus so close, and her so suddenly alone with that blood upon her hands. But the blood had not been her’s nor Corvus’—and it had been on her hands. Her eyes opened as she shifted, giving the man she loved a quiet kiss upon the lips. "Just give me tonight," the woman said, her white eyes looking into his, drawn into that darkness. "That’s all I’ll need."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread