What to Think of the Unexpected
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
She was his opposite, and despite their grim and grave discussions, the Patriarch could not help to feel the tinges of amusement and laughter underneath. Her lack of humor and understanding in sarcasm was something he probably would not have wanted to deal with one a day-to-day basis, being that he was quite the sarcastic asshole and well aware of it. After all, the reason he and DaVinci seemed to get along so well was that the two understood each other perfectly, as if their sarcastic attacks and remarks were some sort of hidden language the two leaders knew fluently.

Even her reactions were restrained, however, and Jefferson wondered why it was she held herself so stiffly. The act was so well-trained that it was clearly habitual; the tenseness she performed in was something she did everywhere, not just on the lands of potentially hazardous strangers. It wasn't a bad thing, he supposed, but the cyclops was grateful that he wasn't the same way.

"Inferni is Inferni," he shrugged. That was the reality of it; the coyote clan simply did what it wanted and when, and Gabriel was undaunted by those who stood in his way. They were a troublesome bunch sometimes, but the clan kept to themselves when they were left alone, and thus Jefferson still knew very little on the ways of their group due to the fact that Phoenix Valley had never needed to deal with them beforehand.

Jefferson recognized a glint in her well-trained eyes when realization struck, that he himself was not an average character in their pack. They were quite opposite, and although he assumed she wouldn't be too happy with his remarks or deception, the cyclops hardly cared in the least. "My name is Maluki," he said simply, but shrugged his shoulders. "Or it was when I was born. Due to complications, I go by Jefferson now." Hell, he wanted an explanation, so she could figure that one out on her own. "I am the Patriarch here, but running a pack is stiff and dull. Besides, how was I to know you yourself wasn't a spy?" He didn't know how Inferni worked and such reasoning hadn't been the excuse for his behavior, but there was a truth to it. Jefferson was hardly unconcerned as to what others thought of him, and this was just another case and point, in the end.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread