tell me teacher, what's my lesson? [aw!]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

503 words.

ic -

She shrugged slightly, shoulders falling with little excitement, unsure of what to say to that. Her name was very pretty, and on any other day, Princess would have been all over Colibri, proudly proclaiming that she knew just how absolutely magnificent her own name was. To be completely open, she knew she had a very good name. Her mother could have hated her, too, and she could have been named Buttface. How absurd would that have been? A beautiful and special girl like her being named Buttface instead of her brother, who Tokyo insisted deserved her mistreatment. On a normal day for Princess, Colibri would have gotten an earful about how right she was, but she would have also been told she was only right because she was complimenting the Princess Chance. However, instead of such arrogant words becoming known to the woman, all Princess said was, “Thanks. It’s ‘cause I looked like my grandmother, Ophelia. Your name is pretty, too.”

Her interested was piqued at the explanation. “You have a flower patch?” she inquired, wondering if it might be open to exploration, and also considering how she might have missed it within the pack lands, unless it was hidden away somewhere so that only Colibri could visit it. Princess hoped that wasn’t the case, but she supposed she would have understood if Coli did not want everyone trampling over her pretty flowers. “I always liked flowers, especially when they were in patches, but I never got to have one. I never had enough time to try and have one. How many do you have?” Unfortunately, she had never spent enough time in one place to have one. Her first couple of months were spent in one place, yes, but she had been too young to try and grow flowers. After running from Tokyo, she had kept on the move until finally settling in Dahlia de Mai.

Gazing up at Colibri, Princess couldn’t help but wonder how old she was. She was an adult, and could shift comfortably and easily (or so it seemed). Was she reliable to answer questions about shifting? Princess had never been exposed to it openly by Tokyo, so she had to assume that that was the reason she did not feel comfortable seeking out her mother for answers. “Can I ask you about something? I don’t know who else to ask, ‘cause I don’t want to disappoint my mother,” she explained, just in case Colibri was going to ask about that. It was also meant to be a small guilt trip. Surely Colibri wouldn’t say no to someone who didn’t want to disappoint their mother, Princess had decided. “This is the first time I shifted. . . How come it seems so weird? And what happened to my paws?” She held up her hands for example and explanation. She prayed that Colibri would not find her questions dumb, and she hoped to receive a reassuring answer like, “It doesn’t always feel weird,” or “Don’t worry, there’s nothing wrong.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread