the protagonist dies in this chapter
[html]

He had an idea of how it would play out in a way because he could imagine his own reaction if it were him instead of her. But while he had always wished that someone had told him about all of the nonsense that was his heritage and birth, the older he grew, the more he sympathized with the adults that had fooled him. It was inevitable then, that he had become one of them, though he would consider himself far worse than those that had had a hand in deceiving him. This was far worse than anything that had ever been done to him. The hybrid felt himself tense when she emerged from the shadows; the girl seemed too tired for him to properly read her expression, but he could still tell that she wasn't exactly pleased to see him.

I'm sorry, he said quietly, his own torn ears flattening. I should have never said that. I do care about you, Rachias, it's just... I can explain if you want to, but that's up to you. Or I can leave you alone. Red eyes stared at the ground at his daughter's feet, utterly ashamed to even be standing there before her. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. And that he always would be because nothing would ever be enough. He would change the world if he could, but if anyone could, it wasn't going to be him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread