A dog's life
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... bottom.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Lysander smiled at the girl, she was so simple, innocent, or maybe it was only he hadn’t really gotten to know her just yet. It had been a long time that he had settled down for nice, cozy, innocent chat. Most meetings, within mere moments, turned into something else, a game, a battle of wits, something. It did not continue on, back and forth, politely, with both participants on the same page. Normally Lysander was worlds away from where anyone else was. He itched to turn this meeting into another one of those games, where the other person doesn’t know they are playing, but Asariel seemed so trusting of him.

It had never bothered him before, that he lied and others believed it, but he didn’t want to lie to her. The husky brute couldn’t explain it. “My story? I don’t have one. I’m just here. It was just a nice pack I thought, and I stay out of the way of the other pack members and that’s just it.” Or most of it. He didn’t tell her what he did for fun, but she hadn’t ask, so he wasn’t lying. “I’m Lysander, by the way.” It was nice to have a name to call others by.

Rising he went over and pulled more rabbit meat from the flames. The quail was too small for Asariel, he decided without asking her. Coming back and handing the meat to her, he smiled. There wouldn’t be much smoked meat left for him to store, but he didn’t mind. Normally it was all about himself, but today he didn’t mind sharing. “So, you know the other pack members well or no? I certainly don’t. DaVinci and Jefferson are about the only names I can recall.” And Winnie, but she was gone gone gone and Lysander decided he didn’t miss her one bit.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread