tell me teacher, what's my lesson? [aw!]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table7.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 465

"I was named after my grandmother," she admitted in response, vaguely amused by the parallelism. She had never met Colibri Soul, and assumed (rightly so) that they did not look very much alike, but she had been given the name anyway. It was almost the opposite for little Princess, but she did look lovely, and if she were to claim actual royalty, Coli probably wouldn't dispute it. She looked like a princess. In her humble opinion, at least.

"I have a lot of flowers in my garden," she replied, a touch of pride creeping into her tone. "If it wasn't getting so dark out, I'd be happy to show you. Maybe another day...?" And she meant it; since Anu had shown such great enthusiasm about the meticulous care Coli had shown her diverse flower patch, she had been looking for excuses to show it to others. It was safely enclosed behind the white picket fence, so no deer or rabbits could scarper off with her blossoms, but curious werewolves would need permission to unlock the creaking gate and see. If Princess did visit the homely cabin on the outskirts of Wolfville, Coli would be happy to give her a tour, and possibly a few plants to take home on her own. Gardening was an addictive hobby for a girl living by herself.

As predicted, the youth relaxed slightly after the opening conversation, and hesitantly bridged the gap to what was bothering her. Colibri caught her breath, surprise registering in her wide blue eyes. Her first shift? She, Coli, got to be the first one to explain about growing up? What an amazing responsibility! The kindly smile was quick to resurface on her countenance, as her champagne-hued tail swished with excitement. She had always daydreamed about having a little daughter, and being the positive role model that she'd always wanted, and being there to explain all of the things that she'd had to learn all by herself. It was a silly fantasy, because the odds were against her ever starting a family at this rate, but she didn't want to give it up. When Princess held up her hands, gazing at them with dubious wonderment, Coli gently took them within her own, wrapping her fingers in a delicate earthy-smelling grip. "You did it perfectly," she said, squeezing her hands reassuringly. "These paws are the reason why we Luperci shift - there's a whole new world open to you now. You can learn how to draw, or play an instrument, or make your own clothes, or tend to your own flower patch," she continued gently, a happy energy bolstering her words. There was so much potential, when one described it like that. Princess's mother wouldn't be disappointed that this moment was shared with a stranger, would she...?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread