That Day Has Come
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rncopy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Oh, I was just thinking that maybe Onus would actually be the one who figures it out? Since he hasn't seen her since the last time they were together, and since there was blood and rubbing alcohol before, and since he was usually at a distance from her, now that he was close he could maybe scent the differnce in the hormones? >u< Let me know what your thinking about that.
500+

Her cold body was warmed by his. Gradually, the shaking of her body ceased and her mind grew less disorientated. Her mind grew calm, less emotionally unstable. She breathed steadily but felt weaker than she had before, the energy required to expel that little amount of bile taxing. But at her back, Onus was there to support her, to catch her when her body fell, and in the silence, as another piece of her shattered soul was found, she allowed herself to be still. That touch upon her shoulder was reassuring—she did not need to be alone then with such great weakness. It was like something out of a Dream, so still and quiet, and the only one that mattered was there with her. And as one who lingers too long within a Dream, her weary mind was beginning to forget Reality and simply existed.

Her weakness and helplessness weighed upon her mind as he looked sadly down at her. She was not accustom to being that way. Even when Hybrid had attacked, she had been able to move on her own, however difficult. But now she could hardly open her eyes, hardly focus her mind. And it was not so much her own sense of weakness that was troubling as the burden she felt she was upon him.

Cwmfen struggled to focus upon his words, some of which were unfamiliar to her. "Inject...drugs?" She paused for a moment—or was it a long while? "I don’t think so—I don’t know." Her mind wandered back to the night, but she could not recall anything other than the fight, the branding, and the hours of rape. There had been nothing else.... Or had there been? Her coyote suggested that it may have been from the events, from everything that she had experienced. And perhaps it were so. But truly, she did not know, and her mind wanted to fold itself away into the darkness.

With that question, the woman paused and was still in the silence. Slowly, gradually, her body leaned into him, turning ever so slightly so that she held her face against his chest. The arm unhindered by the stitching of her neck slowly pressed against the side of his ribs, those fingers pushing through his fur and remembering a different day, a different night. She breathed softly the scent of his body, closing her eyes. She was silent and still save for the slight shifting of the unworn leg that sought to hold herself with stability. "What if," she whispered, "what if I had lost you?" There was a brief pause in which she simply breathed deeply, for a moment warding off the weariness and the pain. "I kept...thinking that.... And nothing else mattered.... Not my own life...not...my own pain and suffering. That was my sacrifice...." With each lapse in the fluidity of her speech, she took several breaths, tired even as she whispered.

Where once she had lived only for survival, here, in these lands, she had learned the meaning of self-sacrifice. She was no longer a simple wolf. She was a simple luperci. Her body resisted the need to fall limp, as if her lithe form would somehow burn him. "That’s why it’s okay.... That’s why it’s alright." For a moment, her mind wondered how much she had sacrificed that night, but in the end, did it matter? That time had already passed, and Onus had killed the crow wolf.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread