tell me teacher, what's my lesson? [aw!]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

512 words.

ic -

“Well,” she began, her tone firm, very matter-of-fact, “Your grandmother also had a very pretty name, then.” That was obvious, since the name was the same, but Princess wasn’t against flattery, particularly if there was any chance that Coli had been close to her grandmother. The girl did not know that they had never met, but the idea was there. She wished she had met her own grandmother, as Tokyo had seemed to like her very much. Princess had decided, long ago, that Ophelia must have been a wonderful woman. She wished she had some stories to tell Colibri about her grandmother, but having never met her, there was nothing. . . And she didn’t even have many good stories to tell that she might have heard from her mother, since Tokyo didn’t speak of her very much. Maybe there just weren’t any good stories to tell, Princess decided. What she didn‘t know was that Ophelia had basically disowned Tokyo, but that wasn‘t important. In the young girl‘s eyes, her grandmother must have been spectacular.

Nodding earnestly, Princess was excited at the prospect. She didn’t know if she could ever have a flower patch of her own, because she didn’t know how well she would adapt to taking care of something (or someone) else, but she was excited to be able to see Colibri’s flower patch, since the woman seemed excited about it. “Of course I want to see it! But, you’re right, it probably won’t do much to go in the dark. . . But I do want to see it sometime,” she repeated, confirming what had been said. Even if she had to track down Colibri in the future and beg her to show her, Princess was determined to see the flower patch that was obviously tended to with delicate care. Colibri seemed to love doing it, so Princess could only assume that she took very good care of her flowers.

As Colibri’s strange paws wrapped around her own, Princess felt herself soften. She had never really gotten a sincere touch like this from her mother, that she could remember. . . It had always seemed showy. When Coli touched her, Princess felt like she really had done something right. Or, as Coli had put it, perfectly. Well, of course I did it perfectly, she thought. I always do things best. She was glad to know that she had done it properly, and that these strange paws would be good for something. She didn’t know what she would do with them, but she would probably find something to do with them, as Colibri had given a decently-sized list. “Was your first shift scary, or did you have someone to teach you?” Princess had been too afraid to ask Tokyo prior to today, and when she realized it had happened, she hadn’t wanted to see her mother. It was a sad feeling that she didn’t wish on anyone, although she was a little jealous of the idea that Colibri might have had someone to explain it to her while it happened.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread