First Lady From the Plains
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... bottom.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Cercelee watched as the girl recited the information, the big bad wolves that ate little girls. Cercelee shook her head, they weren’t of Dahlia origin, she was sure of it. Coli’s concern was not lost on Cercelee, she knew who the girl thought of: Haku. Even if Haku had scared Zana, or threatened her, he would not really eat the Inferni girl. Cercelee knew that. Haku was not so stupid as to cause conflict with Inferni, knowing that his own Rosea would hand him off to Gabriel. Zana questioned how she knew, and Cercelee looked at the little girl, and then to Coli. “Because if any of them did, I’d eat them myself.”

Of course she wouldn’t really eat them. But if anyone from Dahlia ate another’s child, well it was unlikely they’d live to see another day and certainly not within the Dahlia borders. The words were as much for Colibri as they had been for Zana. Perhaps even more. It was nearly impossible to make Coli feel safe in the pack that harbored her father and own personal demon, but Cercelee had to try. She owed it to Haku as much as she did Coli, and it tore her apart, the two loyalties that conflicted so greatly.

Cercelee smiled at Coli, glad that the conversation was off herself and the desecrated lawn. Hopefully it was away from Haku too, whose name had never actually been spoken. “Plants, eh? Coli didn’t tell me she was into plants.” Actually her and Coli hadn’t told each other much about the past year and a half that they had been apart, and they were still apart despite being right next to each other. “What kind of plants get rid of little birds Zana?” Or did she not want to know?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread