Underneath the skin
[html]

The questions did not surprise her, not exactly, but she didn’t think it was one that had to be asked. Of course, he was only a child and children did not always interpret the world as it really was. Or perhaps no one did. Firefly and Svara would certainly voice for Cercelee’s coldness, but it wasn’t there. Her actions towards them had been out of loyalty and warmth for her pack, to protect them, keep them safe and happy. Cercelee had offered friendship to both females, but it had been cast aside either by their own foolishness or their own desires and agendas. And so, perhaps some of her actions could have been interpreted, but them, as cold, but she was not.

“No, I am not. Do you think I am?” Yet she didn’t think he did, or else he would allow her to nuzzle him again, as she did. Still, the Rosea didn’t mind reassuring him, sometimes children needed reassurance. Sometimes adults did too. She could remember herself and Slay so at odds because of their own insecurities about each other. Yes, everyone needed reassurance sometimes. “I love you Conor, I do. You don’t know me well yet, but I’m here for you.” And for Emwe and Catalyst and the rest of the de Sadira gang. Perhaps she was stretching herself too thin, or maybe she wasn’t giving herself enough, but at least she was trying, which was more than some of the other Sadira adults did.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread