there's nothing stranger than a stranger.
[html]
mall-caps;">Out of Character
    Not wanting to go to work actually was okay, because I ended up having a really good day and making a shitton of money! Ugh. I can't imagine giving a rat's ass about any of that stuff, either. D: The phrase "mutual funds" just makes my brain glaze over. XD Also, this post sucks because I pulled twelve hours today and I am le tired. D:

mall-caps;">In Character
   She hadn't been very quiet in her approach, and as the pallid canine sprang to his feet Kaena winced, disliking being awoken herself. The Lykoi almost bristled herself, fully expecting a quarrel over waking up the hybrid, but none came. Instead, he greeted her rather happily, wishing her good morning. The Lykoi had stopped moving, and now that the stranger was up and she had a look at him, she saw he was in fact a hybrid—she had thought he was a wolf at first. There was virtually no coyote in his face—he had the long, blunt muzzle and the smaller ears, a broader forehead and an altogether bulkier look to his face, but he was small yet, and Kaena could see hints of his mixed blood in his relatively slender body and smaller stature. Still, to one not accustomed to hybrids, he was entirely passable as a purebred canis lupus.

"Sorry," she mumbled, still half-expecting the canine to explode into a flurry of curses and shaking fists. Instead, he seemed entirely... indifferent. It was not a cold or callous detachment, more or less lethargic disinterest, as if he were not a part of the world spinning around him. His eyes caught her attention, and they were almost like hers—shades brighter and flecked with deep vermillion. There was a tickle of familiarity, and her head cocked slightly to the side, her eye narrowing as she studied him closer. "Kaena," she introduced herself, supposing she required no surname within packlands. If he knew her or he was another Lykoi temporarily lost to her (there seemed to be too many these days—the last few days, she'd met Enigma, Zana, and Halo. Her talk with Gabriel had been rather illuminating, and she knew she had many relatives running around here now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread