the plot to bomb the panhandle
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry about the wait, darling. I got into a huge fight with my boyfriend a few nights ago and have been recovering. Tongue
+

On the contrary, Kansas was delighted that Slay had told him as much as he had. How else was he to know anything about his sister? Unorthodox as her romance with Haku was, if they had loved each other, Kansas really had no reason to take issue. It wasn't as if his own morals were perfect. But that they were no longer together now was something that did push the ivory boy a little. He now had more reason to dislike Haku, because of the things he had also done to his family in the past. At least now Kansas had an explanation for the darkness behind Firefly's eyes.

If Slay felt guilty, he needn't, but Kansas had an inkling that he did. The snowy wolf couldn't bring himself to be angry with Firefly. Kansas looked the man before him over, who had so generously posed as a well of information, and realized that he was still breathing more heavily than he should. As if he'd been almost blind to it before, Kansas now realized with a surge of guilt that Slay was much more injured than Kansas had been after his own brawl. He chewed his lip and spoke in a sudden rush, "I mean, if it's not too far... I'm sorry..." He trailed off, knowing it was probably useless to say so now.

Kansas eyed the man as he spoke, his tone suggesting that he did indeed feel guilty for what he'd told him. "No, it's okay. It's something I would have, eh, expected from Firefly. I'm glad they loved each other at... one point." Kansas sighed, deliberately keeping his pace slow as they started off. He really hoped it wasn't far, for the dual-toned wolf's sake. Slay went for a subject change, a welcome one. "Mmhmm. My mate, Savina, and I have three kids." He liked the feel of those words, though they were still strange to him. He felt too young to be a father, and to be talking about it casually with chance acquaintances. "...What about you?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread