tell me teacher, what's my lesson? [aw!]
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table7.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 300+

She found herself giggling at Princess's informative tone, amused by her unflagging confidence. It was like she knew everything, an arrogance that only youth could subscribe to. She didn't have any stories about her grand-dam either; perhaps wolves just didn't last long enough to meet their grandchildren. Little did she know Colibri Soul was alive, well, and had birthed another litter.

Princess did not flinch or pull away when their hands touched, and Coli felt that rare flicker of warmth from when she did something right. She almost never got it right. "Oh... It was a little scary, but I knew what was supposed to happen," she explained, still smiling helplessly. She hoped that in the fast-fading light, she did not look too foolish, relishing in her temporary maternal role. "No one taught me, though. I was alone all day, and when I finished, I came running home to my father. He wasn't nearly as excited as I was, though." She sighed, shaking her head. She had been thrilled to complete the shift, to be seen as an adult. It was just another reason for them to argue, though, and it had led to the worst fight of her life, the reason Haku had left her for good. He had never been very supportive, she supposed, and it was the reason she struggled to please those around her now.

A sudden realization - was Princess really afraid that her mother would be disappointed in her for growing up? - made her squeeze her fingers again, blue eyes shining earnest. "If... your mom isn't happy... You can always stay with me for a little while," she said hesitantly, ears falling back with apprehension. If she had misunderstood, she would be ready to apologize. Just... if there was even a possibility that the Chance girl's mother was abusive... better for her to have a place to go than to come hiding in a vineyard at night...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread