The Night Starts Here
[html]
266 words~ Big Grin

Well, that was dumb. He should have known that the natural flow of conversation would lead here. Ares shifted uncomfortably, tearing his yellow gaze off her form and casting it out against the stars. He wanted to change the subject, and supposed that it wouldn't really be that rude to do so, but he felt uncomfortable just leaving it as is. It was a trivial matter, but he hated the idea of his mother getting credit for anything, even something as insignificant as granting him his name. No, she had never done a damned thing for him after giving birth to him.

So Ares shook his head sharply at Mati's comment about his mother. "Nah, I took the name myself. I'm not much of a god of war yet, I know, but just wait. I'm gonna be soon. I'm gonna train and stuff." His words were much fiercer than his soft, gentle countenance. Ares moved a hand to push his bangs out of his face; they had drooped down in front of his eyes at his head-shake. His left arm stayed wrapped around his knees, and he laid his right hand in the grass, playing with the soft blades, keeping his gaze downwards, incredibly uncertain and hesitant about the track of this conversation, but also sort of glad he was saying some of this stuff. It made it more real. He felt more accountable to his dreams, now that they were spoken, now that someone knew what he was trying to do. If he failed, she would know. It was extra pressure to complete these goals.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread