Sleep Provides No Rest
Firefly couldn't help but chuckle at the words of Ruri. She knew that Jac didn't like it when others questioned his authority but she'd somehow found her own ways around that, flitting and fluttering her eyes. She'd learned at a very young age that she could generally get what she wanted by just showing off those dazzling orbs and acting helpless and hopeless. In time she'd perfected that into the games she used to get what she wanted. Though she'd become careless in Dahlia de Mai it had served it's purpose to remind her of what she needed to do and how she needed to act in certain times. She still missed her children but she could let those thoughts slide if it kept her real emotions at bay.

Firefly flicked her orbs back to Ruri as she sighed. "I really missed him. He was something special.. I was barely a pup and he'd already captured my heart." she shook her head at the thought of it. She'd been a foolish pup and she knew that loving Jac was impossible if you wanted the emotions returned on a daily basis. She'd already found that she could not share a man she was with with another and she knew that if Jac ever showed up again that she'd have a hard time keeping herself in line and her emotions in check. She turned her eyes to her paws as she began to let her nails trace in the dirt as she murmured. "It's not like it matters now.." she said, not knowing if she was really referring to the ways of the man, or the fact that he was still missing.

Messages In This Thread