These killing lights won't kill us all again
[html]
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... stangs.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

A lot of things had happened and changed since he had last seen the scrawny hybrid. He had just stared his month long wallow at that point. But now he was healing. He had a new pack, a new life, and new things to focus on. One such "task" (though he hardly considered it such) was his time with the mustang. Drogon had picked him, not the other way around. True, it might have only been because Haven had been holding an apple at the time, but the youth wanted to think that it was more than that. But even if there hadn't been before there was now. He had grown quite close to the equine and enjoyed their time together. There was a silent language spoken between them and a bond that was ever strengthening. As he reached that head reaching over the stall door he scratched the horse between his ears. Drogon snuffled against Haven's jacket and his teeth found the strap of his pack and pulled on it. "I'm already that predictable, huh?" The boy couldn't help but smile as he pulled an apple out for the stallion to eat.

Drogon munched contentedly on his treat and Haven turned his attention back to Heath. "Natural born rebel, is that it? Well, I suppose someone's gotta fill that position." For as long as he had know the older male, he had never been the type to conform to anything. That was probably one of the reasons he hadn't joined up with any of the packs or clans. The Knight's ears flicked at the question. "No," he said, a hint of sadness to his voice. "I needed to make my own way. I couldn't do that if I had stayed. Didn't make leaving any easier though." He knew Heath wouldn't understand, but it was the truth. "What have you been up to since I last saw you?" Haven had noted the new scrapes, but didn't worry. The loner was the type to get himself into scuffles.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread