Look right through me..
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rncopy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

The chocolate Lilium’s reaction was calm, practically unmoved. But the woad warrior had expected no less. He had always been impassive, calm and quiet, never wasting his words. And he had never displayed aggression towards her. Even when Onus’ presence within Dahlia had displeased Haku, the snarls had never been directed at her. Even now he had not seemed to grow displeased, but she did not know what it was that moved behind those paradoxical blue eyes. The white orbs searched them now as she had done in past nights, perhaps even with the same tentative intimacy. But, as she always had, she found nothing. And yet, as she had always done, she searched continuously. Those white orbs were gentle, seeking to unearth only that which would be given. Surely she could ask no more, and she would take no less. Knowledge was like a gift, one that she could accept. But tonight, no knowledge was imparted to her.

"She told me that she tackled you to try to stop you from leaving because she loved you," the woman replied with those quiet, tranquil tones. What she thought of the tale on a personal level was unknown. "She said you pinned her to the ground, but she admitted that she did not fight. She said that she wanted to prove that she was strong enough and worthy enough." The warrior’s head tilted ever so slightly. "She said that she never touched you." It had been a strange thing for the red hued girl to say, and the woman had thought so then. She had tackled him, and in doing so, had she not attacked him? Had she not touched him? She knew, however, that such a thing must also refer to the wound that had been upon his neck. Briefly the woman thought of the black loner Lilith. She was the next and obvious choice, but the woman didn’t know. The woman didn’t know if such a thing mattered. She considered it, but that was all.

"Twice I have been approached upon this subject." The soft melody continued. "And twice I have been threatened with death by your jaws." Perhaps now there was a challenge within the warrior, but she expected nothing and would surely receive nothing. "I never trust too deeply, Haku," the warrior said suddenly. "But my loyalty remains with Dahlia." The white orbs, in a fleeting and passing moment, seemed to harden. "Have I not shown you such a thing?" A light smile danced upon her lips, strangely warm and amiable for the subject at hand. "A blue-eyed monster, they call you. A demon." There was a slight pause. "They believe that I don’t know." But she knew, and she knew that Haku must know as well. Had he not asked her one night after the Long Nights? She knew that many questioned her loyalty to Haku and to the pack. She knew that Onus did so, and knew that it was only she that stood between he and Haku. But her view of life was different. She had seen the darkness of rape. She had tasted the bitterness. While she did not blame the victim or herself, she did blame weakness. She had fallen to her father because she had not been strong enough to resist him. With weakness, such things happened.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread