learning how to travel in time
[html]

That's fine! I tried to make the description of the bag fairly
vague so you could make up what it was in case Princess wanted
to keep it, anyways. :]

It hadn't really been all that long since the humans disappeared, but it was time enough for nature to start moving in. A few bugs, more fond of the dark than the light, scuttled away, under piles of shoes, when Hemming pulled the bag out. Glad that Princess was pleased with it, especially so because it seemed to be the only bag in there, he responded cheerfully, "You're welcome." He hadn't spotted anything nearly as interesting as the strange device that the girl had found, but a glimmer caught his eye and he pulled out a single shoe. It was covered in sparkly gold material, and shone brilliantly even in the dim light. Hemming held it up for a moment and sighed wistfully, "If only it would fit me." He turned it in his hand a few times, watching the way the light bounced off, before placing it in back into the closet. "I've found a few cool things, but nothing that I would particularly like to take home with me, yet." The wolf knew he was the type to hoard things, and was resisting the urge to take everything home in an attempt to keep his den at least fairly neat and uncluttered.

With his lips forming a loose smile, he stood up again, amber eyes flitting around the room. The stack of books on the shelf still interested him, and he made his way back over there slowly, dragging his finger tips across the wall lightly and peering down a hallway as he walked past it. Once he had reached the shelf, he hesitated for a moment before lifting the entire stack of books off and setting them on the floor, sitting cross-legged in front of them. The magazine he had been browsing before was immediately cast aside for the books underneath, and after he had flipped through a few of them there were two he found notable and had set to the side to take home: Manual of Seamanship, which had particularly quaint pictures and a good section on knot tying, and Knitting in the Nordic Tradition, which also had some interesting diagrams and photographs. He stacked the remaining, less interesting, books back up and returned them to the shelf.

Putting his two books down on the kitchen counter, he wondered if Princess had found any more fascinating human things.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread