looked up for validation, but i could not find it.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/temp/gabetop.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:216px; padding-left:9px; padding-right:9px; padding-bottom:9px;">
     “And I look like a dog,” Gabriel said automatically. He knew this only because he had been called such before—and indeed mistaken for one by two dogs and humans alike. It felt peculiar to be speaking to his nephew in such a way. Again, desperately, he wished Corona was present. Because she was not, though, he was doing what he could in order to help the wayward son of his exiled, terrible brother. “You are not simply what you look like,” he added. After all, a long time ago, Gabriel would have been mistaken for a full blooded coyote.
     That was before the war and the first fire. After that he had been covered in soot and ash and unable to wash it from his coat. Gabriel did not see the irony in this—he only saw it as God’s work and accepted it as his sign. “The fact you look like a wolf makes you valuable,” the Aquila continued. “My cousin, Anselm, looks as much of a wolf as you do—and that was why he excelled as a spy. Wolves will trust you over your siblings on sight. That is why I want you to serve as Praeses.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread