Generation to generation
[html]

It's all good.

The bronze wolf nodded slightly in acknowledgement to the newcomer, a casual greeting. The scent of Jaded Shadows was on him, though that should come as no surprise; he was at least as close to Jaded Shadows as he was to Storm here by the Yawrah River. Pulling the bow from his back, he gave it a long, critical look, studying its curve and its taughtness.

"To tell you the truth, I'm pretty new to it, not a very good shot yet. I only use it to hunt, I specialize in unarmed fighting." He was a fair hand with an axe too, but he didn't pride himself on that. Anyone could kill with a steel edge, he felt, though some displayed a definite knack for it. No, he was no great archer. A shame too, since this new wolf kindly pointed out that he had happened upon quite a nice instrument in this particular bow. He didn't even know the tools well enough to discern one from the next...there was no edge that he could check for sharpness, or use to discern crafting quality. It seemed that this archery business was an entirely different sort of talent from what he was used to.

"Thanks," he said awkwardly. "I didn't even know. I met a wolfess in the human city, she gave me the bow and taught me to shoot and string it. Other than her brief period of guidance, I don't know anything about these, except that I've seen them used to kill before." Not exactly the happiest of memories floating around in his head, but he needed to eat. Mental health could come later. He wouldn't be abandoning this bow until his stomach healed sufficiently that he could adopt his old method of hunting again.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread