if you get old fashioned with me
[html]

The wolf's eyes widened a bit when the female mentioned the name of her sister, and he grinned broadly. "Oh, I know her! Nice girl, isn't she? Don't know where she might be today, though." Hemming continued to grin as the female sat down, lucky to have some company to rescue him before he became completely neurotic. He continued to hold the needles in his hands, the stitches completed until half-way through a row. He was still worried that if he put the pair of needles down, stitches would start to fall off. The male would have no clue what to do then, and all would be lost.

Hemming didn't think much about what she had said and replied impetuously, still not quite completely distracted from his little project, "New herbs? How come?" Learning a little bit more about healing was something that the male had been hoping to do for a while, but he always seemed to find such wonderful things to be distracted by in AniWaya and its surrounding territories. Perhaps this female had run out of something that she had collected far away, or maybe in the period of time that she hadn't been healing they had just gone bad. The knitting wolf didn't really know much about herbs, and he was too caught up in his repetitive task for these thoughts to squeeze through, anyway. It was so much easier to just ask.

When the little sticks that sat at his side were questioned, Hemming realized that his role in the conversation was becoming more involved and he couldn't just float through it by muttering whatever words came to his mind first. "Sorry, just lemme finish thi..." he mumbled, bringing the needles closer to his eyes again and completing the row. Sliding them further into the middle of the needle, so they wouldn't fall back, he finally put them down, sighing as if it had been an inordinate amount of work. "They're kuh-nitting needles... I found this book in a little human town, and thought I'd try it out." He dragged the book toward him using the foot that was already resting on the pages inside, and held it up to show the cover to the female. There was a funny (at least Hemming thought so) photograph of three humans posing in gigantic sweaters. "Kuh-nitting, nitting, I'm not really sure how to pronounce it. That K has got to be in there for a reason, right?" He shrugged it off, grinning a little sheepishly and feeling slightly hysterical from all the effort he had used on such a seemingly simple task.

james made this

[/html]

Messages In This Thread