The Finishing Touches
[html]
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/ ... gyrkin.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The shaggy, ruddy colored luperci had just finished carving out the O in Coli's name when the wind had shifted bringing with it a familiar scent, very closeby. A matter of moments afterwards he had heard the quiet voice of Cwmfen nic Graine the Adonis of the pack. The fact that he had not known how close she was surprised him, although he quickly attributed the numbness of his senses to the fact that he had been focusing on his work. Now, with a friendly smile on his face, Rath returned his tools to their slots in his belt, rising to his full height to meet the woad marked woman. "Yes, I found my tools, a whole lot of them. It's been far too long Cwmfen, how have you been?" he questioned, readily noticing the prominent bulge of her abdomen. She was pregnant? Wow, what turn of events had brought that about? Although he did not know Cwmfen too well, she did not strike the reclusive carpenter as someone willing to simply settle down and have a few pups. However, he would not pry. It was not his place to question the higher ranking woman. Right now, he was simply glad to see her.

When she noted that his style of building was like the humans, he nodded, "I don't really think about it a lot, but yeah I do build things in human style. Their form of construction is sturdy and efficient. Its easier to make things using a system that has been proven to work rather than experimenting with a new style that might fail,"he replied, nodding in polite emphasis of his words. Building as the humans did seemed logical, not to mention that it was the only way he knew how to build things. He hadn't learned from a human. His father had taught him. However, Rath did not know how his father had learned carpentry and woodworking. He had always thought his father had learned by observing human structures and copying them. That was how Rath had learned about greenhouses and been able to build this one for Coli. It was simply a matter of observing something, and then copying it in your own way so that you could learn how to do it. That made sense didn't it? Now that he had finished his answer to Cwmfen's question, he waited quietly to see what she thought about them. She was a very intelligent individual, Rath had learned that the first time he had met her. Hearing her opinion on the matter would likely be an enlightening experience.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread