stray dog strut
[html]

i welcome the sun, the clouds and rain

This situation had the potential to turn into something very ugly. Warren, for example, could end up saying something very stupid or offensive with the intention of being apologetic and kind. The misunderstanding could then lead to the small female becoming angry and calling for more of her pack to either drive him off the land or hunt him in turn. There were a few things he could do to prevent this. Namely, he could simply run away right then and there. It would save the trouble of getting into a misunderstanding, but it would probably also earn him the name as a vagabond and a prey stealer. No, he thought, he might as well attempt to explain himself. Then, at least, he could say that he tried.

"Then I must apologize," he said with another incline of his sharp-featured head. "I had no intention of doing so. You see, I had been tracking this hare from deep inside the forest back there, and finally caught up to him here. I probably would have caught him sooner had I been a better hunter." Warren offered a small smile, hoping the humor would lessen the tenseness of the situation. He truly did regret the possibility that he had just cost a pack their prey, however small the prey might be. He could also sense the woman's stress; it was palpable in the air. The tall gray wolf suddenly felt quite selfish.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread