quiet while the dragon sleeps
[html]
i knowww, i feel so bad with my chars always picking on little amata XD;
333 words

She spoke his mothers name, and there was nothing Amata could have said that would have surprised Ares more. But a couple puzzle pieces in his mind clicked satisfyingly into place, and he nodded solemnly. "Yes, I'm sorry she was mean to you. One of the reasons I'm living here is because she isn't allowed here." He wondered whose kid he was, and flipped the question back on her. It would make sense for her to be Savina's kid, given the dark leader's disdain for Ares' last name: "Is your mamma Savina?" Kids were so easily impressed. Ares grinned at her exclamation, and her careful prediction of the future. Amata finished what she wanted of the rabbit and bounced away from it. The mottled boy stood up and walked towards the remnants of the rabbit, picking up the tasty leftovers, his back towards the book that the puppy had shifted her attention to.

"It's about Greek Gods. And yup, I can read!" Still boasting a little, but it was nice to be around someone who appreciated the things he could do, even if in a real world situation they were not actually impressive in the least. When he turned around, though, and saw her bite into his favorite book so casually, then trample on it's pages. Ares dropped the rabbit, rushing over towards the puppy. He nipped her on the shoulder in a reprimanding fashion (probably hard enough to bruise, maybe draw a little blood), shoving her roughly from the book. "Hey! Be careful with other people's things!" He snapped, yellow eyes narrowed. It was an important lesson to learn. You couldn't get anywhere in life if you didn't respect the value of property.

His fluid transition from pissed-off to amiable resembled similar actions of his mother's, to the point where if he had known how nearly-identical the action was to one of Tokyo's idiosyncrasies he would have hated himself for it. "If you pick a story, I'll read it."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread