break me down to an atom
[html]
Yes, indeed. Big Grin

He heard the footsteps and glanced up with a simultaneous feeling of hope and despair — it could be Nikolaos coming back to get him, or it could be an angry pack member wanting to know why the hell a scrawny little kid was sitting on their property. Unfortunately, it was the latter, but he didn't seem that angry. Ari wasn't even sure if he was overly concerned! That was so odd. Back at home, trespassers were chased heartlessly from the territory, and if they weren't fast enough or came back, well... It was just how things had gone.

Not here, though? It wasn't enough to rekindle the fire of hope in this boy yet. He was sure that they'd probably just kick him out and he'd be dead within a week. He simply looked up at the golden-eyed adult through his unkempt hair, and blinked as he asked a question. The curious expression in the other wolf's face made Ari somewhat self-conscious, and he quickly rubbed away the tear-streaks from his face with the back of his hand. H-He left me, Ari whispered, hating the tremor in his voice. He had to grit his teeth angrily to keep tears from re-emerging. Crying would not be very becoming for a kid his age before an adult that age. It was a sign of weakness. He j-just left me. Alone. In comparison to how a kid who had just been abandoned should sound like, Ari's words sounded pretty empty. It was probably because he hadn't accepted it. Then maybe he'd start to be a little more hysterical. Let's just hope that that didn't happen.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread