i claim there ain't another saint
you might still have it then, but I'll look through the sketchbook jungle for it when I have time. Big Grin

[html]

The gusty day was less interesting to look upon than Valentine, even despite her inward-turning thoughts, and she turned to face him while he spoke. His smile was charming to the young girl's eyes and brought about an echo of the expression on her own face. "Oh - I see. Did your mother live here?" All answers she could get were pieces of the puzzle that would help her to know and understand this courteous-seeming packwolf better, which was definitely an objective she liked the idea of. She had an ease with strangers and did not consider that she might seem rude in her curiosity. Legacy was not one to fret over how she might be perceived. "My name's Legacy," she added, returning his introduction in kind. His name was rather pretty, and seemed like it probably had a meaning, though not an obvious one. Hers was contrastingly an obvious enough word, although admittedly you could speculate as to what exact legacy she must represent.

She was beginning to wonder if the fire was lit inside. Perhaps this conversation, if he was willing to continue it and was not in the middle of leaving on some business or other, would be better held inside. Could she suggest that, though, when every mention of the fire-chamber voiced aloud seemed to have no connotation but that of a dark body lying on the floor? Surely most of the grief would fade away soon. For some of them at least - she had not seen her mother at all since that day. Valentine was a wholly welcome distraction and she shrank back a little nearer to him, trying to escape the wind.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread