sometimes, the sun shines
[html]

He had forgotten that Ahren had had a mate; it was only strange because he knew he had a son wandering around the pack somewhere and it wasn't any child of Kaena's. Things went wrong. A thousand possibilities there and he found that he didn't even need an elaboration. The words, despite purposeful and utter vagueness, spoke volumes to him. And people left. It didn't matter if it was their own fault or the other's fault or fate's fault or anyone else's -- they left. They left. And they left behind things. Gaping holes, voids filled with loneliness and resent and hatred. Monsters festered in that darkness and grew, gnawing at the edges to expand the sickness and disease.

Are you sure? he wondered, the most quiet words so far. It was too easy to relate, too easy to remember, too easy to picture in his head the jumbled and spiraling mess. Too easy. I thought I didn't need him... anymore, he continued, looking down at nothing in the snow, cigarette temporarily forgotten between his fingers. I thought I didn't, and then he took over. His free hand reached up towards the jagged scar he had cut into his own head; it was rough to the touch and he wondered again if it would have worked if he had cut deeper.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread