our flesh & blood has found me in your arms.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... tblood.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:248px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
    It hurt to think of Eris, surely. Kaena was well aware of her real father and the fact that she was of high wolf percentage, far higher than her littermates. That meant only one thing, and Kaena had realized it the instant Eris's eyes changed. One was her own golden-yellow, the other the chartreuse-green of Salvaged. That had finalized her parentage, and it was the final detail needed for the silver female to realize she had conceived the child of her archnemesis. Still, despite the dubious origin of Eris, Kaena had tried her hardest to love the child regardless, hoping her father's vileness had died with him.

Kaena knew all too well that the child had taken after her father, rejecting the Lykoi part of her heritage for something else. The woman did not know that the sable child considered herself spawned of Astaroth, failing to realize the simplicity of the matter. Her clear gray wolf heritage could not have come from her father, who was completely coyote, nor her mother, who was only partially red wolf. It simply did not compute that Eris would be the child of a full-blooded coyote and a half-breed coyote. But Kaena had never so much as spoken to the child following Astaroth's abduction, and the woman had no idea what had gone on between the red-eyed coyote and the bi-color eyed child. There was the ghost of a smile on her lips, and nothing more in reaction to Eris. Better Samael tore the girl's throat out than Kaena. At least then she would not have the blood on her hands, and as guilty as it made her to splash her son with that same blood... part of Kaena knew it would not harm him. He would kill for her without question and without remorse, even those who shared his own blood.

"Yes, and Eris will have hers, sooner or later," Kae added, that same indifference cutting into her tone. She didn't particularly care about what happened to her—if she never showed her face again it wouldn't have bothered Kaena a bit. After all, what could have possibly motivated the sable child to return? She obviously hated her family, Inferni held no sway over her. Only evil intent would bring the girl back here, Kaena felt, and the more people gunning for her, the better. "I hope you're not angry I left," she said after a moment, her voice growing quiet and whispery. "I won't be so stupid again," the woman said, shaking her scarred head. She had too much at stake here, and she allowed that to shine through in a rare moment of self-deprecation.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread