We’ve Unlocked Pandora’s Box
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ppachi.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Honestly, Onus barely noticed the snarls and snaps that Cwmfen displayed before he called out to her. Too much was flying through his mind and he was too focused on simply getting to her. Even if the demon-ghost of Corvus Vendetta himself stood in his way he would have just run past him, barely registering its presence. Even if she had not said that it was time he would have known. Everything else told him it was time. The tension in the air, the way her body was acting, the scents that came to his nose. All of it told him that now was the time, and the man was terrified. He had read how hard the birthing process could be on the mother. Before their "modern medicine" it had many females in mortal danger. So much could go wrong.

She wanted to be back near her den. The coyote's head rose up and surveyed the area. They were close, but not close enough for his liking. Onus was strong, but he wasn't sure he was up the task of carrying her any distance in this state. What if she moved involuntarily and slipped from his grasp? No, it was too much of a risk. He wanted to comply with her wishes, but he would not endanger her any more than she already was. Wordlessly for a moment he shook his head. "No...it's too far. I don't want there to be any accidents." If she were to get angry with him then so be it, but he would not move her. Something told him that she needed to stay here, stay still. Jaws clenched as fell to rest upon one of her elbows.

He was still fearful of touching her. There was too much he was uncertain of and he didn't want to bring her any sort of anxiety. There was enough happening to her right now. "P-perhaps you should lay down..." He thought he vaguely remembered reading that that was how human females gave birth, laying on their backs. What could he do? He felt so useless! He wanted to ease her pain but he knew there was nothing he could do. All they could do was sit and wait. "Is there anyone you want here? For me to call for?" Maybe there was someone close to her, someone in the pack who knew more about these things. Someone who would be able to coach her through it. Onus wasn't sure, but he needed to do something.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread