We’ve Unlocked Pandora’s Box
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ppachi.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The growl hit his ears and he had known that his refusal would illicit some such response. The feral ferocity that illuminated those eyes he loved so much was startling. Those eyes had never looked at him in that way. For a moment or two he wondered if she would snap at him, though he did not move to avoid anything of the sort. But then her sigh drifted into the air and it was clear she resigned herself to staying put. That was a relief. As much as he wanted to fulfill her needs and make her comfortable, he would not put her life in jeopardy. He did not know if moving her would do that and he was not about to take that chance.

He took in the names she told him. He had never met or heard of Alexey, but that was no matter. He would call for this woman nonetheless. Though at the news that Dahlia had no healer another bought of fear grabbed his chest. How could such a large pack house no one gifted in the healing arts? True, he knew some of it, but it was to be used for wounds gained in battle, not for what could happen during childbirth. The coyote didn't even know what could happen to her during childbirth. Regardless he threw back his head and let for that loud, yipping call. That natural way of communicating that was so seldom used by him. But he was able to impart in that call the urgency of the situation at hand. He begged that at least one of the females would come to help.

Then a wave of pain more powerful than the ones before it took her and Onus tensed as he watched her. He was tense to watch the woman he loved in such pain and especially to know that there was nothing he could do to alleviate it. If only I had stayed in the city...if only I had come sooner..." Those hidden eyes clamped shut, trying to force the thoughts that had haunted him since her attack out of his head. They would not help either of them. Yet still...if only he had done those things then she would not be in this pain. She would not be forced to carry this burden and birth these creatures conceived of darkness. But then he felt her hand searching for his and he held it tight, looking into her eyes. "I'm not going anywhere. I'll be with you until the end." And the man did not mean the end of her labor. He meant until the end of their lives.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread