Beyond What I Know
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She never knew what she would find in the border, some nights. Ember had been on many patrols that hadn't led anywhere before, or where she had met no one. It was a surprise when she did see somebody out there. A sudden cry of "Aunt Ember!!" from below made her take a second look at the patch of shrubbery she'd glanced over before. There was something there after all, a small creamy ball of fur that she recognized as Amata, her brother's child. She dismounted, standing beside the horse with one hand resting over his neck. She didn't want to scare the girl any more than she already was, and thought that it would be best to get to a slightly lower level to speak to her.

"This is my horse, Bayard. He's nice--he won't step on you now that he knows you're there. He's a smart horse." She nodded at Amata's explanation for being there--she hadn't known that she was friends with the Aniwayan pups, but the more the merrier. She was glad that Oceane and Noir had found a friend in her niece. All of them were good pups. "I haven't seen Oceane lately, but it's getting a little late now...I bet they are in bed already. Does your mother know you came here, sweetie?" She asked, crouching down.

With the coming rain and the girl's hunger as factors, she made a quick decision. "Do you want to stay the night with me tonight, and find Oceane and Noir tomorrow? You could get some food. I think a storm is coming, too--it's rained almost every night here lately" She spoke to the youngster as she would to an adult; she could remember how much she had been babied when she was young, and didn't want to put the other through something like that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread