When you thought you'd seen it all..
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... table1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Jefferson could easily respect Geneva's judge of character and the like. She seemed unfazed and perfectly comfortable with whatever stranger she had led out of the rain -- it was how Jefferson knew her to be, always calm and collected even when under pressure. However, he'd seen her when the pressure was thick by his own fault and even then she had maintained some sort of backbone he didn't expect. He would have recognized fear or hesitation in her eyes if such things had been there; she would have made them obvious to him without any words of trepidation in the least. However, by the cool touch of her hand and the casual way she carried herself, it seemed nothing was out of the ordinary. "I walked the borders earlier... glad you caught him." He smirked and raised his good arm to ruffle the hair on the top of her head in some sort of lazy, boyish display of affection before brushing past and striding comfortably down the hall knowing she would be right behind him.

"Haephastus, huh," the cyclops pronounced carefully as the stranger's form fell into view... occupying his rocking chair, no less. There was a quick, snide glance at Geneva before he stepped closer and moved to straighten the still damp, cloth sling over his shoulder that contained his scarred and defeated arm. "Kind of an exotic name. I'm guessing you're not from around here. I'm Jefferson. I tell people what to do." He stupidly scratched at an itch on his head. "Geneva seems to like you, but we have different tastes. If you're gonna stay here, you'll have to pull your weight somehow." Skills, traits, whatever. Foreigners were always a bit more interesting in talents, after all.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread