Crossing the Rubicon
[html]

If she didn’t know what to make of him, Heath was certainly lost with what to make of her. Ayita seemed nice enough, her words soft spoken and light hearted. He could see in her eyes that she was uneasy with the roan mare, but it was smart to be cautious when around such large animals. Heath had little control over her in truth, but he felt that if she wanted to go, she would. The dark faced horse had never been aggressive towards him, nor any other. Outside of a hollow threat. “Just as interesting as Ayita.”. He tested her name on his tongue, and gave a small smile.

His smile widened as she laughed softly. “Everyone seems to be passive towards them.” Eye wandered to the pasture, where Haven’s stallion roamed. He didn’t want to think of what might happen if a canine found them as easy prey. But when he imagined Lumière giving in without a fight. She was a slender horse, but did not lack the power to trample any two or four legged beast. Her next question surprised him, and he lost his smile in thought. She had found him, wounded and alone. He had given her the name of ‘light’ for that was how he saw her. “Companionship, I guess.” His smile returning, “I have not ridden her yet. If she’ll allow it.” Curiosity blossomed as he spoke of his own life. “Have you lived here long? I’m sort of new.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread