Beyond What I Know
[html]
ooc: Is it ok that she picks Amata up? ^^ And you can PP them heading back to Ember's den, if you'd like. That time is passing and stuff ^^

She hadn't realized that with her dark clothing and dark fur she might be hard to recognize in the fading light of the day. Bayard was a deep color as well, a dark brown with white splotches along his hindquarters, so he probably looked pretty odd to the youngster as well. She hadn't been around pups in a while, Tayui's having grown to the point where they were off doing their own things, and Amata's small reactions and speech put a smile on her usually serious face. She hadn't liked children much before, but it seemed that she was growing used to them as time went on. She wasn't considering any children for herself in the immediate future (she was a warrior and did not think that it would be a very smart choice just yet) but she would think about it.

"Yes, this is a horse. Do you have any horses in Crimson Dreams?" She asked. Bayard eyed the child with interest now that it was speaking more, looking back to Ember a few times before extending his neck downward, his head going toward the child to give her a good sniff. Once satisfied he brought his head back up to its normal position. To him, the little girl probably smelled odd. They didn't often go outside of Aniwaya and he probably didn't recognize her strange scent.

"He's very smart. I can talk to him, too. Maybe once we get back to my den I can teach you about it--about speaking to the animals. I can call a few animals over, so you can try and talk to them, if you want. Do you think it's a good idea?" She had a few hares in her den that she had been saving from yesterday to give to Dawali, but one puppy probably wouldn't eat all three of the hares. There would still be some left for Dawali.

When the pup stood up against her legs she leaned down to pick her up, then put one foot into the stirrup. To her it didn't seem so high, but to Amata it probably did. Puppies' legs were much shorter...they were closer to the ground. Ember pushed herself back in the saddle a little, placing the pup in front of her in the seat. "Sounds good to me. You like rabbit, right, Amata?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread