Moving up in the world
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /raven.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border:1px solid black;">
<3 ^^ Word Count: 300 (hah, strange oO)

She didn't know just how right she was when she claimed he would do the same for her. Here he was, he had nearly died for his tribe, and he knew that even if he feared death tremendously, and even if he feared violence or anything malicious, he would do anything for his tribe, and any member of it, even if it meant to die. If he was never in a position to do anything directly, he would sacrifice what of himself it took to save his friends' lives, and he was a well-trained medic, after all. He knew his stuff.

When she described him, in a way, and accurately too, Dawali nodded with a wry smile. It was one of his weaknesses, and his man-pride never liked it when any of them were unveiled, especially not in the presence of a female. But, Ember did not make him as awkward as many other of her gender did, perhaps because at their first social encounter, she had been equally awkward towards him. Also the whale had taken some edge off it all. Looking at the ground again, now sitting down facing her, he let his gaze wander across the small pellets of earth that lay there before looking back up at her.

"It's true, I don't like or know how to ask for help." Pausing, he let his eyes wander back to the pellets before his face took on a different expression, one that was rare to see on him. He was asking for help, but not as a plea, it was more of the face of someone asking for the support of a friend. "But, I'm going to ask you for something. I am a grumpy old man, and I realize now that I cannot run this tribe on my own. Would you enter the Council, Ember?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread