there's a hole in your soul, like an animal
[html]

OOC: ::Word Count:: 500+

His words made a lot of sense, but she almost wanted to ignore them. It didn't matter anymore, what she'd find out, because she had found out enough to make all her efforts seem like a drop of water in the ocean. She didn't want to push it beyond how painful it was already, but she realized that dealing with it all at once had always worked better than trying not to get too hurt once and have it happen repeatedly. Still, these things that she had just heard... they couldn't change her image of Pilot. Somehow, all her feelings, her hopes, her dreams, her longings had encased him in a diamond case that nothing could break, except maybe Pilot himself. But the fact that she felt completely hopeless somewhere where she was at her most vulnerable was worrying in itself, so she struggled to regain a semblance of her composure.

"I would be grateful if you would be able to tell me, no matter what you found out, if you ever found out anything at all. It doesn't matter if it's what I want. Life's not even nearly all about what we want." She looked at the wolf in front of her, the scars adorning him, giving him an air of victory rather than one of defeat. She'd never once had the posture to walk up to someone and intimidate them by her presence. She knew females who could do that. She thought if that would have helped her in tackling Hybrid. But somehow, it seemed highly unlikely. All she'd ever done was run, whenever things overwhelmed her. Now, she'd already done the running, sooner than the bad news had come. She was left to deal with it, now. Information was always easy to give, but harder to receive. She could barely think about what the wolf before her had told her, without feeling as if she was losing Pilot more and more.

"Did anyone else know about it?" It seemed that this story went far. How many people had been directly involved, without telling anyone? "Did you even ask where he came from? If Hybrid hurt him? Didn't you think someone was looking for him? That maybe he... didn't belong here?" Her tone demanded an explanation, but she hoped he'd know that she wasn't ungrateful for the help he had offered. She didn't want to sound intimidating, not that she could ever be that. She knew she was on precarious grounds here, where this wolf's company could mean either her safety or her demise. Suddenly, as she stared onto what she knew were Inferni pack lands, an idea occurred to her. "Would you, by any chance, be able to show me where Hybrid kept him?" If Pilot had told Savina he had been held hostage, she imagined it was somewhere where not everyone would stumble upon him. Unless, more people had been in on the entire act, and no one had thought of doing anything for the white stranger. That thought sent shivers down Urma’s spine. How deep could ignorance go?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread