thread title missing
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

A bitter smile slowly made its way across the white female's features as Haephastus spoke of her father. "My father was corrupted by greed and want of power," she explained. "When he became the pack's leader, all he wanted was to be in control. He'd promised to keep the pack close to traditional values, and not to embrace the human culture that many Luperci had. I personally had a neutral opinion on the subject, but was forced to listen to him. He knew that if he broke his promise he would lose the trust of others that was so instrumental in keeping him powerful. So he had to force me to leave." Xeris looked to Haephastus. She had never told this much information about her past to anyone in Phoenix Valley. How had a newcomer, someone she hadn't met before, coaxed these important truths from her mind?

The smile upon her face turned into one of gratefulness. Haephastus was right; she had a new family now here in Phoenix Valley, and it seemed that the male in front of her was quickly earning his place among that family. "Yes," she said. "And I'm thankful. Hopefully you will find yourself at home here." She was pleased to hear that he liked the area so far. In thinking about it now, Xeris recalled that she really hadn't spent much time considering where to go after she left. Phoenix Valley was the first place she happened to come across. But thinking about how things were now, she would have never wanted to be anywhere else.

She then frowned as he spoke of Inferni again. He made very valid points about understanding others and using less violence. In some ways, she supposed that these could be applied to her father as well. The similarity was rather odd. Both her father's pack and the Inferni clan were "purists" of sorts. But that was something she'd rather not think about right now. Haephastus spoke of losing more than one gains. Her golden eyes glanced to his hand which was missing three fingers. He wasn't a stranger to violence. She could tell that from his appearance and the words he spoke. "You are right," she said simply and in a rather somber tone.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread