my angel wings are bruised & restrained
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... _table.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
kansas has such a cute kiritar XDD; 347 words

His question tugged her mind out from the dark places it usually couldn't help but dwell in. That was the benefit of company - they gave you fresh things to think about, time-sensitive questions that she couldn't put off answering, that demanded attention and consideration immediately. Did he know her from somewhere? Well, first off she could establish if she remembered him at all. That was easy enough as there weren't too many options to run through. She was certain she hadn't met him any time recently, since she had left Daddy, because she remembered the faces and names of the handful of other canines she had met since then. Back further into time, she didn't think that he had been anyone from the pack she had lived in with Calypso. That would be weird anyway, considering how long she had spent traveling to get here from there.

And because her memory did not stretch back to the pack where she had been born, that left the scant couple of months Calypso and her had lived in Jaded Shadows. Her memories of most of the wolves from then was very fuzzy. There was Tayui who was the leader and the first person she ever remembered meeting. And then a few other vague, adult forms that were scary and intimidating that she tried to hide from. Puppy-wise there had been Grandma Fatin's litter, but she had never really gotten close to any of them.. Oh! There was also that white boy from Clouded Tears. Sofia's green eyes flitted towards this male's face, studying it. He said his name was Kansas, which actually sounded like it might have been that white kid's name. She wasn't entirely sure, but did not dismiss it as a possibility. "I'm Sofia." The dying girl began. "Were you.. Did you ever live in the pack, um, Clouded Tears? I was a part of Jaded Shadows for a very short time, we might have played as puppies?" A suggestion of a possible explanation for the vague familiarity, which Sofia now felt about him as well.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread