Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?
[html]

400+

The hybrid leaned against the bar. It had been some time sine he had drank, and though the feels had not set in yet, the taste alone made him need the freedom and the lack of control that the vodka would bring. Had the King known it was his favorite? Did he want to have him fall from sobriety and into the faults that he tried so hard to correct? Correct for one woman. It was too good, and what evil could he get into when beside the leader of their pack? Besides, without it he was nothing but the memories that haunted him.

Gold eyes watched the high placed leader; the look on his face was not one that he had seen lately. The last time he had Heath had been trespassing. It was suspicion. The Dreamer’s look at him in this way. They had called him out on his faults and talked down to him even though they had been the leashed dogs under the command of a bitch. His King could not look at him in the same way, right? Jac would not think him a rogue. But, he had been gone and did not know where his loyalties were placed. Was this how he knew, and why it mattered? “I call your home mine as well, now… Svara had accepted me.” the words came as if they would dissolved the question that had been asked. But as he looked at the dog his face made his fear truth. There was no way to leave it unanswered.

“It matters,” the male spoke with a hard tone that leaked the truth. She made him so; made him someone that he had strived to be. Honest and true, and now Heath could not lie. “She told me to find you.” Eyes that had fallen to the bar looked back up the collie. “Asked.” he corrected. She would never tell him to do something. With the sweet woman is always a request and that was only one of the reasons he would not deny her. Something kept him from doing so, and Jac had just asked him to confront it and worse, say it aloud. “Bringing you home will make her happy. She loves you.” Ruri wanted Jac more then she wanted any one.

The glass was full, suddenly, and as if a friend returning to comfort him. The talk made him uncomfortable and the sparkle of the vodka winked and said that it would all be okay. Down it went.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread