through the roses & the thorns
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ader-1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
don't worry about it, because here I am making you wait super long! x.x 500+

As her friend offered suggestions she ran them all through her mind, trying to find which would be the best course to take. Of course she never wanted to keep anything from her children, but sometimes ignorance could be a good thing. Naniko had said that the drug made her feel better. It hadn't had that effect on Cambria's small form, at least not that she could tell, but if she learned that maybe she would want to take it later in life. Forbidding things didn't seem like the best option either. Savina had never really been any sort of rebel as a kid, but she did understand how grown-ups saying something wasn't allowed would actually entice pups to do it. Thinking about how depressed her daughter had been ever since the incident, perhaps saying nothing at all was the best course. The mother knew that the girl didn't like the stuff and if she would keep that idea on her own there was no reason to say anything more.

"Yes...I think perhaps not talking about it might be best. She doesn't like the stuff, not after what it did to her and how she's felt ever since. I think she's holding a good amount of bad feelings against Naniko for everything as well. Maybe if I just leave things as is she'll never have the urge to find any more of that stuff and will steer clear of it. At least I hope so. She's such a delicate child...I can't help but worry..." She gave Anselm a half-hearted smile. Cambria was the most fragile of her offspring, so easily upset. There was a lot of her father in her, but that was one of the reasons she knew that there was a strength she didn't know about. It wasn't a physical strength, it was of the spirit. One day hopefully Cambria would realize it as well.

Savina nodded her head at his statement. It was true. Despite what anyone would say, the ex Commander had brought this upon herself. When you were a leader you couldn't do whatever you pleased. You couldn't get blitzed out on drugs and leave them laying around without consequence. The whole pack looked to the alpha for guidance and example. Naniko had betrayed all their trust in her with what she had done. "Yes. I don't regret my decision. I know I did the right thing. It only makes me nervous because such a change can be a difficult transition for a pack. I hope we all make it alright." A small, short laugh came from her at his joke at himself and she nosed him back. "I'm not ambitious either. I never wanted this really, it just fell into my lap," she said with humor in her voice. "I guess I must be alright at it though, they're still following me." For now they were anyway. Savina hoped that it would stay that way. She may not have ever wanted it specifically, but she did not want to let her packmates down.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread