You give it all but I want more
[html]
ooc:

It wasn't that the bird was bad company; far from it. He chattered endlessly most days, filling the silence of the city with noise that it didn't often get to hear. There were only a few birds that she'd seen in that manmade forest of buildings and those had been gray, drab-looking birds who hadn't paid her any mind as she'd passed them by. Their songs hadn't been nearly as beautiful as this finch's were, either. She probably would have stopped to appreciate Jack more if she hadn't been so focused on her mission for the day. Herbs, then Ehno.

"No--I'm not frightened. Any more, anyway. I didn't know who it was...and being this close to Cour des Miracles made me wonder if you were someone who was out here to warn me away. I'd hoped to get glance of Haven, to be honest." So far he hadn't come looking for her, and she wasn't sure what to make of that...if it was good or bad. Maybe he was having such a good time that he'd just forgotten to come to update her on his life...or to tell her that he was even alive. It must have slipped his mind.

"I'm doing well. Great, even. I didn't want to cross into Crimson Dreams unless I had to, but I needed to find you to tell you some news. I think it's good news...but I don't know if you will."Her throat felt suddenly dry as her words ran out, and she cleared it quickly. Better to get it done with quickly. Rip the band-aid off. "It's not good timing...in fact, it's horrible timing. But nonetheless..you're going to be a father, Ehno"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread