``like a bird [she] /flies/ *away*
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... itaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Ha ha! XDD Verrrrry funny. Musical reference - can you pick it up? >3 Also, cute moment! =O Couldn't resist. Wc: 800+

She noticed at the last minute that her action startled him, although it confused her greatly. "I scare you?" She asked, merriment lost in her eyes. She sat down, turquoise pools suddenly darkened by the tilt of her head. It was just apparent to her that something was going on that she didn't know about. Obviously the way his expression changed and the way he stiffened meant something, and the only logical explanation was that she scared him. Her tone was sensitive, resentful towards herself, and carried such a tone of pity that wasn't usually carried along any Marino.

This didn't happen among wolves that carried the fluidity of home tongues. Abashed and slightly dispirited for the rest of the meeting, she sat, pacified, while listening to Jazper. "Makes sense. Glad of it." She didn't add the fact that they were more than just three Marinos now; there were puppies involved that Ghita wanted to protect more than anything. It wasn't that she couldn't fight herself - although smallest of the trio, it was only marginally, and Ghita could be a force to be reckoned with from traveling on her own, more paws meant lighter loads.

Waiting was something that Ghita wasn't quite good at yet. She had always bounced around from topic to topic as a pup, and would pester anyone who had an answer until either she got one or lost interest (the latter being quite common). Finally as the meaning clicked, she rolled around the word on her tongue. "Shift, si. Into three bodies." She murmured, all the while listening to what he said. "You say I can... shift? Like others?" Excitement took root where disappointment and embarrassment sought control and she was on her paws again - the ivory tipped socks nearly dancing with excitement. All her life she had longed with a passion uncontrolled by any logistical means to travel between the three forms she adored; the way she saw it - one was default, one half, and one with two legs. Not knowing the official words didn't matter to her - now she was staring Jazper straight in the eye, her optics flashing as the sun met her gaze, daring him to repeat what he had said.

The next four words took her by complete surprise, and if she hadn't been so familiar in her form she would have tumbled on her side. She sat down, although it looked as if it was an unconscious decision, her hind legs sort of collapsing under her as images danced before her eyes. The 'tempesta' of Ghita's emotions took you on a dance, spinning through a tango straight from hellfire one moment, and the next to a slow waltz, intimate and childlike in it's awe. "You say again, please? I don't get - you can help?" Suddenly her tone wasn't racing, exciting and at the same time angry in it's energy. It was calmer, like a waltz, soft and bell-like when she was calmer.

Once again emotions changed timbres drastically to one of shock mixed with a healthy dollop of horror. "No! Nononono! You no get what I say! Oh no no!" On her paws now, pure instinct drove her forward, trying to stop his retreat with desperation in her movements. Before she knew what she was doing, once he sat her nose found his muzzle, trying to pacify the panicky ebony male. She stood stock still, unsure of what she had done and why the hell she was still doing it. Not one to be affectionate, the touch calmed her unexpectedly, and she whispered a matter so trivial now to her. "I say you me, take turns to eat rabbit. Not you, never."

Beyond the language barrier raged angry words she wanted to throw at him. Did she think that she was uncivilized just because she had travelled with Nomads? Maybe she couldn't speak English, but she had a good, smart mind behind her language, and she resented that he thought that that was what she said! But was she? That was a whole other question she was unprepared to answer. Now retreating, she didn't meet his eyes, gave no indication that the display was anything more than completely in character. She gave an angry laugh suddenly, harsh and grating as she looked out towards the ocean. "This is why I left."

Perhaps it wasn't just the words that startled her, or the tone that it was laced with. It was also the perfect way she wielded her adopted language, the grammar falling into place, something that she hadn't accomplished before. Her first perfectly formed sentence had to be here, had to be now, in this circumstance. It just had to be. Demons from her past loved plaguing her day after day, even when she just had to get away.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread