The Songs that Voices Never Share
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... athe-2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

To hear her confirm that they pups were indeed not afraid of him made that nervous vice that had gripped his chest recede. If anyone knew their moods, it would be her and so he trusted her judgment of them completely. Perhaps they did recognized his scent. Though such a thing would be quite amazing to him. He knew that childrens memories were not so strong as adults, especially not when they were still newly born. To think they could recall his scent from the time of their birth would be a feat for such small minds. But perhaps it was instinct. If they had smelled a stranger maybe they would not have remembered. The fact that he was their father could change things, he supposed. As those small noses brushed up against his an excited feeling shot through him. It was warm and comforting. That small noise from his daughter made his ears strain forward, not wanting to miss any of that happy sound. Then they withdrew back into the safety of their home, yet still they watched him, and he watched them.

"I will be fine. Whatever makes you comfortable." Despite the relief of knowing that these pups did not belong to Corvus, he knew that her body and mind were still healing. The wound on her leg had been very severe. Out of the corner of his vision he could see her rubbing the place were it was scarred. "How is it healing?" Onus hoped that he had not botched anything up when he had been tending to her. He wasn't a medic after all. He did not know all the intricacies and details of the body. Hopefully it was only normal for it to still cause her some discomfort. Even the wound upon his neck and shoulder sometimes pained him for no apparent cause or reason. The coyote's gaze returned to the pups who still looked at him as if they wanted something. "Do they...want something?" If it was food surely they knew that at this point in their life he could not give them such a thing. They could not eat the fish and rabbits that he caught.

For a moment the man looked at his lover curiously. In his perception, he did not view her as any stronger or weaker than he was himself. They were equals in his mind. If anything he found her to be a more complete person than he was. Her life was more normal than his was, certainly. But he said nothing in response to her words, only nodded his head. Yes, everyone had their weaknesses. She had become one of his'. Though the vigilante did not dislike that weakness, he only worried for her safety. He never wanted harm to come to her because of him. That was one of the reasons he kept such a distant between himself and others. If there was no one close to him than no one could try to hurt him in that way. Now that gate was open however, and he knew it would never close. But he did not worry for himself, only for her. Her, and now the children that they had together.

Onus watched quietly and with a warmth in his chest as Cwmfen moved to caress the two small forms. The love between mother and child was something to behold. How different his life might have been if he had ever truly felt that love. It had only been an illusion on his mother's part though. The whole time she had just been steeling herself for what she had decided to do to him. The man was thankful that these children would not suffer such a fate. A question that had been asked him a long while ago was asked again, and this time he felt more certain in his answer. "Yes." Already he felt content with them. He was still unsure of himself, but not of them. "I only hope I can give them what they need. That they will never have to suffer because of who and what I am." He wanted them to always be as calm and peaceful as they were now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread