I know he'll say that he's in love
[html]

I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep.
I'm in too far, I'm in too deep.
But you, I can't believe you're gone.
You were the first; you'll be the last.

Geneva's breath was confined tightly in her chest and she watched Naniko's face. She would not let her gaze drop to the floor in shame. She would reveal the story in its entirety with the honesty the other woman deserved. She had always respected Naniko. And although she had been subversive, she was not ashamed of the way she had felt for Anu now. She had been helpless against feeling for the woman, and she had restrained herself for as long as she possibly could have under the circumstances. It had been a terrifying thing, to live on the edge of everything she wanted. But she hadn't wanted to fall without a safety net at the time.

Loving Anu had unlocked a part of Geneva that she had buried deep within herself. When she had arrived in Nova Scotia, she had lost everything she had ever loved. She had wanted to bury that part of her so deep that she would never recover it. At that time, if that meant she would have lived the rest of her life in shadow, she would have gladly accepted that. The pain that had driven her to the brink had been too much for her to bear.

Naniko spoke, and the world began to turn again. She breathed again, although she did not make an audible sigh of relief. She wanted to be part of Naniko's life; Naniko was such a large part of her own life and history now. She was an important part of the bigger picture. She smiled faintly. "I look forward to that day too, and I hope it will be soon. But no matter what you decide, let's keep in contact." Either way, she would worry about Nani's health.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread