the space between us all
[html]

He meandered back to her, clutching the one crab in his hand while the other remained on his head. The weight seemed so familiar that he had quite forgotten that it was there. As he drew closer he reflected her wide smile, and sat down across the fire from her cross-legged. "Good," Hemming replied to a statement, but her question surprised him a little. "Oh!" he said, reaching up to grab the crab off of his head. "I'd forgotten that I put it there." He grinned and balanced a crab on each knee. "Don't worry, they're dead. They won't eat you." The wolf winked as he fiddled with a claw.

Hemming didn't really know how to cook crab, but surely just roasting it would work fine. Grabbing a stick from the pile, the gray wolf pulled some bark off the end and chewed on it a little to get a smaller point. Once he was satisfied, he picked up the more mangled crab and skewered it, carefully and slowly. It seemed to stay on quite well, and Hemming smiled at it. Should he peel the shell off? If it didn't cook right, he would, but for now he would experiment. Holding the stick at ninety degrees and doing a little wave of it to Addison, he asked, "Want me to do yours?"

james made this! ♥
[/html]

Messages In This Thread