free to waste away alone
[html]

OOC: ::Word Count:: 500+

The light flicked through the crowns of the trees and bounced upon the surface of the reservoir's contents, glazing the rippled surface of the water, forever disturbed by the rhythmic inflow of water provided by the tireless waterfall. Against the cadenced melody of the heavy structure molded in earth and solid stone, through which the blood of the planet cascaded into deep pits set in the dense crag, the ivory female's tears seemed a simple raindrop in the ocean. Her golden gaze followed the intricate paths the steady flow of water had weaved into the sturdy ore, allowing as much time as needed to take in the subtle change of direction nature had relied on in the face of obstacles too hefty to overcome. Something in the slow, steady-paced advancing of the water as it followed its settled course towards the inevitable plunge calmed the fair femme, like a soft lullaby from times and lands that were now further from her than she would have ever thought possible.

Enthralled by the parallels she could easily draw between her current emotional state and the spot she had picked for a bit of undisturbed musing, the pale Crimson Dreamer didn't even pick up the scent of an approaching wolf. Later on, as she would look at the wolf, she would think that his smell had evaded her due to its poignant familiarity. As it stood, however, his voice startled her a bit, and only then did she realize that her tears had still remained upon the air, easy for the ebony male to pick up. Her voice came off as if from far away, lost as she had been to the wondrous scenery opening before her "You seem familiar, though I'm sure I've never met you before. But something about you... " she trailed off vaguely, delicately perusing her memories for one that might offer a clue as to the male's identity. And then it came to her-- the afternoon in which she had confined herself to the shadows, leaving Naniko and Savina and Pilot to explain to the small gathering what their plan was about, all the while watching the latter with affectionate gratitude. This wolf had been there. He had been one of the few that had helped start their new home. Her smile portrayed with great efficiency her realization of this fact, and her tone was light and melodic as she next spoke, "You were one of the first Crimson Dreamers, were you not?" You remind me of a life I feel separated from, the white she-wolf thought with a touch of renewed sadness. Her bitterness flashed for a second in her amber gaze, but that was as much as she let on. There was nothing that could stop her from integrating this wolf in her life now, albeit late. Realizing she had yet to respond to his offer, she continued softly, "Thank you, but I don't think there is anything anyone can do. I've... lost something, and unless you knew where I might find it, I doubt there is much to talk about on the subject." Her voice had been warm and calm, trying to convince the wolf of the thought that was behind her words. "I am Urma, by the way. I doubt you will remember me from the older times, for I have been gone a good while now, in search of that which has been taken from me."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread