I Saw the Future Whirling Around
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... orse_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

Silence surrounded the pair of siblings like a shroud once more. When had it all fallen apart? They had been so happy, so carefree, and then the illusion had shattered. Their happy little childhood was gone as if it were no more substantial than a dream. Back then he had been so confident of everything. Everything was so certain in his young mind. He had been a prince and had wanted to be a knight. He knew his family had loved him and would always stick together. When he had learned what it was to want to share your life with another, he had been sure that that would stay. None of it had proved to be true. He was a knight now, but that was the only thing that had worked out. If it weren't for Jac and Cour des Miracles he wouldn't even have that. For a moment his sister's offer was tempting, but thinking on it, it seemed too much like giving up. Shedding his responsibilities for an easier path. He wasn't strong, at least he didn't feel it right now, but he couldn't do that. He owed it to his packmates and to himself.

She touched his wrist and he looked up to her finally. "I can't Mati. I'm sorry." Haven worried that those words would cause the same thing they had the first time. He didn't want her to feel like he was choosing anything over her. He never would. "I need to stay. I owe it to Jacquez. I owe it to myself..." The Aatte male would always love Crimson Dreams. Part of it would always be home to him, as long as Mati and Brooklyn and Anu were there. But he had other loyalties too. He had sworn himself and his service to the King and the members of Cour des Miracles. He had not been a great knight so far, he needed to prove himself. He needed to prove that he could be and do more than his parents. That he would not fall into their same pitfalls. It was one of the few purposes he had and he needed to cling to it with all his might, no matter how hard it was. "I will always love you though, and I'll always be here for you. No matter what. Nothing will ever change that." If there was anything he was certain of, it was that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread