casualties and witnesses
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... famans.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Jefferson relaxed somewhat. He was practiced at analytics; Xeris had never struck him as the type to look for trouble, but she was somewhat naive and, as he could clearly see in her eyes at present, easily intimidated. He liked her, however, and putting her in such a position was unnecessary. The Patriarch's rage quickly subsided; he breathed out a long sigh, closed his eye a moment, then looked up at her earnestly.

"Well, at least you're safe," he exhaled, offering a look of slight compassion. It wasn't often that he put aside his anger so easily, but no doubt Jefferson had been making more of an effort to do so. Ever since he'd gotten closer to the easygoing, unnerved Geneva, the cyclops couldn't help but strive to mimic her earthy and content composure that he, among others, respected her for. "Inferni has a bad reputation for hating wolves," he resigned, leaning back against the tree and resting his spine. Jefferson might have been conked pretty hard to lose all his memory, but in the few remnants of Clouded Tears that still rested in the back of his mind, a distinct fear of Inferni had once been in the gentle, young Maluki. Of course, Jefferson recognized it only when he and Gabriel had fought. "I don't know what pisses them off so much, but they're pretty unpredictable. Their morals are a little... misguided, so to say. It's best just to avoid the territory, now that you know where it is." The idiot rubbed at his eye wearily. "Xeris, you have to be careful. Phoenix Valley is the most laid back territory I've seen so far... you have to keep that in mind."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread